smith's bakery bakersfield locations

No cookies, a handful of pastries and about a dozen total donut. Their goal was to provide the best possible baked goods for the community. . Price Point Chocolate shavings on top! Smith's Bakeries, Bakersfield: See 19 unbiased reviews of Smith's Bakeries, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #84 of 1,012 restaurants in Bakersfield. The classic Smiley Face cookie. We do not visit Bakersfield without stopping to buy Orange Muffins. $$$ - Expensive ($25-$50) Smith's Bakeries Bakersfield, Bakersfield; View reviews, menu, contact, location, and more for Smith's Bakeries Restaurant. (661) 834-1916, As a local you grew up with Smith's bakery that while the stuff is made elsewhere and brought in to the individual locations the help that sells it to you is different than the help that makes it so if you get a grumpy cashier it's not Smith's fault unfortunately. Bakersfield CA Jackie Marcucci 537 followers More information Smith's Bakery smiley face cookies. Call Menu Info. Smith's Bakery - THE Bakers of Bakersfield! Click to add your description here. Sugar cookies and thumbprint cookies are still excellent. They have a great variety of offerings. Smiths bakery is one of the oldest bakeries in Bakersfield! The satellite stores like the one on Coffee at Sully's are very good but the selection is limited and again, go early for the best selection.The products are old school and delicious.If you are looking for a good bakery, Smith's on Union is the bomb, hands down. Smith's Bakeries: The Bakers of Bakersfield - See 19 traveler reviews, candid photos, and great deals for Bakersfield, CA, at Tripadvisor. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features Press Copyright Contact us Creators . Smith's Bakeries is located at 4700 Coffee Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93308 What is the internet address for Smith's Bakeries? The store stocks bulk foods, our very own jams, jellies, fruit butters, salsa and so much more. "Jacque and I made a conscience decision just to concentrate on taking care of our people. I just get them to go. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for Smiths Bakery locations in Downtown Bakersfield, Bakersfield, CA. We were surprised with some sugar cookies from Smith's from some dear friends of ours, and they were fantastic! By MARYLEE SHRIDER , Californian staff writer e-mail: mshrider@bakersfield.com, VIDEO: Christmas wonderland featuring the Grinch Mobile, Graphic Content: 2014 homicide of Abel Trujillo, Kern County Public Health Services Department, Even a small business must manage its cybercrime risks, City of Bakersfield makes it through COVID-19, Breaking down the Green Book of President Biden's administration tax proposals. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for Smith S Bakery Bakersfield locations in Bakersfield, CA. BBB Business Profiles are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. Smith's Bakeries is rated accordingly in the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: 11400 Ming Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93311-1317. "We ran a disclaimer with every ad for a full year, letting people know we had nothing to do with that Smith's," Balmain said. Best Doughnuts in townand maybe everywhere else, too. Smith's Bakeries 11400 Ming Ave, Bakersfield, CA 93311-1317 +1 661-663-8611 Website Improve this listing Ranked #2 of 16 Bakeries in Bakersfield 19 Reviews pamq2018 Bakersfield, California 98 21 Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile Smith's Bakery, Bakersfield, CA Smiths bakery is one of the oldest bakeries in Bakersfield! BBB accredited since 12/29/2000. We were surprised with some sugar cookies from Smith's from some dear friends of ours, and they were fantastic! The Union store is the best for selection! These cakes are made with white or chocolate cake, custard filling and whipped cream frosting. By doing things the old-fashioned way, you don't lose the essence of what you do.". has 10 total employees across all of its locations and generates $56,178 in sales (USD). This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. These cakes are made with white or chocolate cake Everything that Smith's Bakery serves is delicious. "It's the same way Mom made 'em," Balmain said. BBB Business Profiles generally cover a three-year reporting period. They have a great variety of An old fashioned, no frills bakery. SIGNATURE TREATS AND CUSTOM GOODIES. Employers / Post Job. I am one of them. Awesome!! Yes, Smith's Bakeries offers takeout services. Go early for the best selection. TownePlace Suites by Marriott Bakersfield West. Haven't been to a Smith's Bakery in years! Have not had anything we don't like. see review, Best Restaurant on earth! Bakery, Greek, Vegetarian, Sweet Surrender ($$) Smiths Bakeries was founded in Bakersfield in 1945 by Howard Smith and Roy Balmain. Smith's Bakeries is a Bakery located at White Oaks Plaza, 6401 White Ln #103, Spice Tract, Bakersfield, California 93309, US. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Smith's Bakeries: Sweet tooth - See 19 traveler reviews, candid photos, and great deals for Bakersfield, CA, at Tripadvisor. InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Bakersfield, Extended Stay America Hotels in Bakersfield, Hotels with Military Discounts in Bakersfield, Hotels near California Living Museum (CALM), Hotels near Murray Family Farms, The Big Red Barn, Hotels near Rabobank Arena, Theater & Convention Center, Hotels near Buena Vista Museum of Natural History, BBQ Restaurants for Large Groups in Bakersfield, Thai Restaurants for Lunch in Bakersfield, Restaurants for Group Dining in Bakersfield, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Bakersfield, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Bakersfield. Smith's owner, Jim Balmain, said the bakery has thrived because he learned long ago not to trifle with quality. I bout a 1/4 sheet Champagne cake for my daughters birthday. (661) 834-1916. selection is limited and again, go early for the best selection. Fresh as it gets with real love put into their products. Best Doughnuts in townand maybe everywhere else, too. The recipes Balmain uses to create his cookies, pies and delectable coffee cakes haven't changed since his father, Roy Balmain, and partner Howard Smith started the business in 1945. The thumbprint cookies are so yummy. A Very Special Cake! Go early for the best selection. My family and I have been coming here forever! She'd never even held a decorating tube, she said, until her first day on the job. Representing the next generation of bakers, Jim Balmain, described by the July 20, 1972, Californian as a decorator extraordinaire, educated readers about the current trends in wedding cakes, but the most meaningful take from the interview was Jims gratitude for his on the job training. 03/29/2021 - Glenna Reviews from Smith's Bakery employees about Work-Life Balance. My Valentines Day experience was very disappointing. I just get them to go. Smith's Bakeries - The Original Since 1945 History and Tradition Smith's Bakeries was founded in Bakersfield in 1945 by Howard Smith and Roy Balmain. seemed more interested in talking on the phones than serving customers. Smith's Bakeries 203 reviews Claimed $ Donuts, Bakeries, Custom Cakes Edit Open 5:30 AM - 5:00 PM Hours updated 1 month ago See hours See all 161 photos Write a review Add photo Share Save Menu Website menu Full menu " Champagne cake Location & Hours 2808 Union Ave Bakersfield, CA 93305 Get directions Edit business info You Might Also Consider Smith's Bakeries was founded in Bakersfield in 1945 by Howard Smith and Roy Balmain. A Very Special Cake! Simple bakery with some of the best donuts around. Stopped in around 7:30 am for some donuts to go, the display cases were all but empty of everything. I am one of them. The 2 young ladies behind the counterseemed more interested in talking on the phones than serving customers. My family and I have been coming here forever! As I no longer live in Bakersfield, this is almost always my first stop. try refreshing the page and clicking Current Location again. 11400 Ming Ave Bakersfield CA 93311. Smith's Bakeries. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. Smith's Bakeries. Nothing compares to this hometown bakery! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. Balmain feared for the reputation of his company in 1993 when a separate chain of Smith's bakeries -- sold lock stock and name to two local businessmen by the elder Balmain -- was cited by county health officials for rat infestation and rotting floors. Mostly cloudy skies. Because they need to be, Shannon B. said: This place is awesome when it is not filled to the brim with, Sandra G. said: Ok so for months I drove by this business because I downloaded their, Krystine R. said: So I was a little hesitant to come out here because I had read the, Cheap, Convenient & Delicious Gourmet Ice Cream - Bakersfield's Newest Hidden Gem.. Smith's Bakery insights Based on 4 survey responses What people like Support from manager Clear sense of purpose Ability to learn new things Areas for improvement Sense of belonging Overall satisfaction Its a good place to start . Upload your resume. Have not had anything we don't like. Sales Associate in Bakersfield, CA. 9 reviews . Smith's Bakeries 28 reviews Claimed $$ Donuts, Bakeries, Bagels Closed 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM See hours See all 37 photos Write a review Add photo Save " Location & Hours Suggest an edit 8803 Camino Media Market at the Oaks Bakersfield, CA 93311 Get directions You Might Also Consider Sponsored Circle K 9 3.7 miles away from Smith's Bakeries "I have friends who are businessmen and lawyers who deal with sadness every day," he said. A Very Special Cake! The 2 young ladies behind the counter seemed more interested in talking on the phones than serving customers. We rank these hotels, restaurants, and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location. . Smiths reputation for creating delicious and quality baked goods continued to grow when their cookies won first place for excellence in the 1969 Southern California Bakers Forum Competition. The breakfast pastries are outstanding, however, their cookies are my favorite. $ - Cheap Eats (Under $10) Distance: 03/29/2021 - Glenna . Smith's Bakeries, Bakersfield: See 19 unbiased reviews of Smith's Bakeries, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #88 of 939 restaurants in Bakersfield. Select a topic to see what people are saying about different issues Mission and values Explore company values, community, the relevance of the mission and moving on. Dallas Denver Houston Las Vegas Los Angeles New York Philadelphia Portland San Diego San Francisco Seattle Washington, D.C. Countries: Belgium Brazil Canada Chile Finland France Germany Great Britain Hungary Indonesia Japan Mexico Netherlands Philippines Russia Singapore Spain Thailand Turkey More Great Places in Bakersfield: a b c d e f g h i j k The rest of the work -- kneading, rolling, shaping, cutting and decorating -- is done by hand. They bake their doughnuts (instead of frying them) which just makes all the difference. Their pink champagne cakes were a wonderful treat when I was growing up in the 60's and 70's and they still taste exactly the same. $$ - Moderate ($11-$25) But after a few times Ive tweaked it a bit and think the result is pretty close to Smiths Bakery Champagne Cake -- YUM. From their donuts to the smile cookies, this is my favorite bakery! $$ Donuts, Cupcakes Hours: 6AM - 3PM White Oaks Plaza, 6401 White Ln #103, Bakersfield (661) 834-1916 Menu Ratings Google 4.4 Foursquare 7.6 Take-Out/Delivery Options take-out Tips in-store shopping They offer a large selection of freshly made cookies, cakes, pies, muffins and breads. They offer a large selection of freshly made cookies, cakes, pies, muffins and breads. First, try refreshing the page and clicking Current Location again. Kizer, who is married to Smith's chief baker, Bob Kizer, started decorating cookies for Smith's 24 years ago. Smith's Bakery was founded by Gordon Smith in 1899 in Mobile, Alabama, and grew into a company employing 600 staff producing baked goods throughout the entire Gulf region. There are some tables to sit at and enjoy your treats. Find produce, pharmacy, fuel, and groceries near you with . Customer Reviews are not used in the calculation of BBB Rating. We hope that the last ten years have been as pleasant for you as they have been for usand that we may continue to serve you for years to come. And that hope became a reality. Brenda A. said: Delicious ice cream in many flavors. Our bakery features customizable cakes, cupcakes and more while the deli offers a variety of party trays, made to . Just what you look for in a sugar cookiesoft cookie, just a tad of a bit of crunch on the frosting, and it was very pretty! Add a photo RATINGS Food Service Value Details FEATURES Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible TownePlace Suites by Marriott Bakersfield West. Delivery Pickup Options - 186 reviews of Smiths Bakeries I am with Brent W on this one unofficially and officially the best bakery in Bakersfield. 0.15 miles, Lie-N Den ($$) In 1985, Jim and Jacque Balmain purchased the business from Howard and Roy and continue to practice the art of baking at seven locations throughout the greater Bakersfield area. 1 white cake mix 7-up to be used for the water in the cake mix 2 c heavy whipping cream 1 c half and half 13 c champagne 1 t vanilla 1 3 12-oz box of vanilla instant pudding 1 bag Ghiradelli classic white chips Melt 12 bag of Ghiradelli white. Need to find a different location? An old fashioned, no frills bakery. Balmain said nothing, not even the advent of more convenient grocery store bakeries, has tested the loyalty of Smith's customers. Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our. In a large mixing bowl combine the cake mix Champagne vegetable oil and egg whites. You have permission to edit this article. It has received 101 reviews with an average rating of 4.4 stars. Need to file a complaint? Thousands of folks in Bakersfield are fans of Smith's Bakery. I have frequent this location many times and purchase some exceptionally delicious items (wedding cake, many champagne cakes, smiley face cookies to name a few) again all the items are outstanding but the walk in service can be hit or miss and on the day it was a big miss.More. Higher wind gusts possible.. I asked if they had any chocolate donuts, the lady behind the counter replied that this is all the donuts they have right now. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented articles. See 1 tip from 28 visitors to Smith's Bakery. Definitely White Oaks Plaza, 6401 White Ln #103, Bakersfield, Alpine Pastries - 7070 Schirra Ct # 100, Bakersfield, Galasso's Bakery - 6225 District Blvd, Bakersfield, Foster's Donuts - 7850 White Ln D, Bakersfield, White Oaks Plaza, 6401 White Ln #103, Bakersfield, CA 93309, Iguanas Grill and Cantina - 6401 White Ln, Siam Iyara Thai & Fusion Restaurant - 6401 White Ln #101. Order ahead for quick pick up. Start of main content. Just what you look for in a sugar cookiesoft cookie, just a tad of a bit of crunch on the frosting, and it was very pretty! An old fashioned, no frills bakery. 9/12/2018 Aida C. Bought two maple bars and unfortunately they were stiff and not as soft as I'd hope. Still love their fresh donuts especially their maple bars. Find 8 listings related to Smith S Bakery Bakersfield in Bakersfield on YP.com. They offer a large selection of freshly made cookies, cakes, pies, muffins and breads. Always good, fresh and done right. Place is fantastic!!! Everything that Smith's Bakery serves is delicious. The products are old school and delicious. Visited the store on both Union and on Coffee. Well guide you through the process. Sign in. Mostly cloudy skies. The Witten Farm Market at Smith Farm is open year-round. He is content, he said, to run the best bakery in Bakersfield. Smith's Bakery Bakersfield, CA employee reviews. 6401 White Ln Bakersfield CA 93309. Smith's Bakery. Fresh as it gets with real love put into their products. The business is listed under bakery, dessert shop, wedding bakery category. more, Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. I have frequent this location many times and purchase some exceptionally delicious items (wedding cake, many champagne cakes, smiley face cookies to name a few) again all the items are outstanding but the walk in service can be hit or miss and on the day it was a big miss. We were surprised with some sugar cookies from Smith's from some dear friends of ours, and they were fantastic! BBB Business Profiles may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes. From their donuts to the smile cookies, this is my favorite bakery! So Yummy: Smith's Bakery Champagne Cake Recipe in 3 Easy Steps, Read Juanita Navarro On Sweet Tooth Buttercream Bakery Yummy Sweets Champagne Cake, Read Gasp Could This Be The Smith S Bakery Champagne Cake Recipe Must Try Champagne Cake Champagne Cake Recipe Cake, Read K Champagne Cake Cook S Country Magazine 2017 Champagne Cake Recipe Cake Decorating Frosting Yummy Sweets, Read Madonna Inn K Champagne Cake My Mouth Is Watering And My Thighs Are Expanding Just Thinking About It Yummy Sweets Decadent Desserts Amazing Cakes, Read Alicja Burte Photoraphy She Ate The Whole Thing Smiths Bakery Bakery Cakes Champagne Cake, Read K Champagne Cake K Champagne Cake Champagne Cake Recipe Cake Filling Recipes, Read Object Lessons In My Life Champagne Cake Champagne Cake Champagne Cake Recipe Dessert Drinks, Read Smiths Bakery Champagne Cake Recipe Champagne Cake Recipe Smiths Bakery Champagne Cake, Read K Champagne Cake K Champagne Cake Champagne Cake Recipe Champagne Cake, Read Champagne Custard Cake Champagne Cake Recipe Buttercream Bakery Custard Cake, Easy To Cook: Gopchang Jjigae Recipe in 5 Easy Steps, Simple Recipe 99 Restaurant Mango Mai Tai Recipe in 3 Quick Steps, So Delicious 54th Street Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe in 5 Easy Steps, So Delicious Corioso Cookies Recipe in 5 Easy Steps, Yummy Belgrade Gardens Chicken Paprikash Recipe in 4 Quick Steps, Delicious Caf Pow Drink Recipe in 4 Quick Steps, Number of Ingredients: 13 different ingredients needed, Number of Ingredients: 6 different ingredients needed, Number of Ingredients: 11 different ingredients needed, Number of Ingredients: 5 different ingredients needed, Number of Ingredients: 7 different ingredients needed, Number of Ingredients: 14 different ingredients needed, Number of Ingredients: 8 different ingredients needed, Number of Ingredients: 12 different ingredients needed, Number of Ingredients: 9 different ingredients needed. Didn't realize until the next day. Please log in, or sign up for a new account to continue reading. Originally established in 1945 by Howard Smith and Roy Balmain, Smith's Bakery opened as a department in Smith's Complete Market, located at 245 Chester Ave. Customers had a one-stop. I bout a 1/4 sheet Champagne cake for my daughters birthday. Smith's Bakeries, Bakersfield: See 19 unbiased reviews of Smith's Bakeries, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #83 of 1,010 restaurants in Bakersfield. " in 3 reviews Location & Hours Located in: Brookside Market & Deli 4700 Coffee Rd Bakersfield, CA 93308 Get directions Edit business info You Might Also Consider Ratings by category. It has received 47 reviews with an average rating of 4.5 stars. The Champagne cake, Beehive, and Danish Twist are some of my favorites. Speaking about the baking skills he learned from his father, Roy, he stated, I was fortunate to have a competent man from the east to learn from., Smiths Bakeries continues as a mainstay in both the community and in the Balmain family. Smith's Bakeries 23 reviews Claimed $ Bakeries, Donuts Edit See all 53 photos Write a review Add photo Review Highlights " cookies by my all-time favorite are the frosted sugar cookies. I asked if they had any chocolate donuts, the lady behind the counter replied that this is all the donuts they have right now. The thumbprint cookies are so yummy. Smiths bakery is one of the oldest bakeries in Bakersfield! Garvin ushered in the businesss 25th year. From our Family to Yours. A staple of Bakersfield. Smith's Bakeries Inc Bakeries Website (661) 325-6357 2808 Union Ave Bakersfield, CA 93305 From Business: Fresh Donuts, Pastries,Cookies, Cakes & Wedding Cakes 2. BBB Business Profiles are subject to change at any time. Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos. The other counter lady seemed to be having difficulty with locating her customers preordered. Company Description: Smith's Bakery Decorating Dept. InterContinental (IHG) Hotels in Bakersfield, Extended Stay America Hotels in Bakersfield, Hotels near California Living Museum (CALM), Hotels near Murray Family Farms, The Big Red Barn, Hotels near Rabobank Arena, Theater & Convention Center, Hotels near Buena Vista Museum of Natural History, BBQ Restaurants for Large Groups in Bakersfield, Thai Restaurants for Lunch in Bakersfield, Restaurants for Group Dining in Bakersfield, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Bakersfield, Restaurants with Outdoor Seating in Bakersfield. Find jobs. This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. By 1947, Smiths Bakeries had expanded to four locations, but the largest grand opening occurred in April 1956 when Smiths new bakery kitchen and sales room opened its doors at 2808 Union Ave. An open-house celebration took place that included cake-decorating demonstrations and free doughnut holes. International Association of Better Business Bureaus. American, Burgers Jim Balmain who has been at Smiths for over 50 years and his wife Jacque purchased the business in 1985 from Howard and Roy and have continued to operate the business. Smith's Bakeries, Bakersfield: See 19 unbiased reviews of Smith's Bakeries, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #88 of 885 restaurants in Bakersfield. Haven't been to a Smith's Bakery in years! The Champagne cake, Beehive, and Danish Twist are some of my favorites. You have permission to edit this article. Extraordinary champagne cakes, pastries, and their signature Happy Face cookies make Smith's the place residents and former residents long for. (661) 834-1916. is located in Bakersfield, CA, United States and is part of the Bakeries and Tortilla Manufacturing Industry. They start early, firing up the ovens at 2 a.m.. Crews arrive by 3, the first batches of cookies, bread and rolls are in the ovens by 4. Low near 35F. Balmain's 25-person production crew is a marvel. more. Burgers, Desserts, Ice Cream, Sandwiches, Yogurt, The pulled pork and beef sandwiches were delicious. When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints. Extraordinary champagne cakes, pastries, and their signature Happy Face cookies make Smith's the place residents and former residents long for. Rate your experience! These cakes are made with white or chocolate cake, custard filling and whipped cream frosting. Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information. Bakersfield CA Smiths Bakery Bakersfield California Smiley Face Smith's Bakery locations 3.6 Bakersfield, CA Show all locations What's being discussed at Smith's Bakery? When I finally got served, ( was initially passed over by another customer who came in after me). Find jobs. They also bake donuts, cupcakes, and cookies! (661) 663-8611. Everything that Smith's Bakery serves is delicious. 2,894 were here. "It does take creativity -- you just can't pick up a tube and go at it.". Smith's Bakery: photos, location, directions and contact details, open hours and 1 review from visitors on Nicelocal.com. Everything that Smith's Bakery serves is delicious. Please log in, or sign up for a new account to continue reading. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews. 0.29 miles, Athena's Greek Cafe and Bakery ($$) When Smith and the elder Balmain retired in the early '80s, Jim and wife Jacque bought the operation. BBB asks third parties who publish complaints, reviews and/or responses on this website to affirm that the information provided is accurate. Suggest an Edit. Is this your restaurant? Mini-Mashup - Aaron at Smith's Smith's Alliog Set to Make National Debut Smith's Bakery Video Jim Balmain, Owner of Smith's Bakeries Smith's Truck for Bakersfield Museum of Art "Driven by Art" Karate Cake Master If you are looking for a good bakery, Smith's on Union is the bomb, hands down. View the menu for Smith's Bakeries and restaurants in Bakersfield, CA. Upload your resume. More. When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site. Burgers, Desserts, Ice Cream, Sandwiches, Yogurt. Recently, I found that there is another little location that opened up. Opened September of 2016 My family and I have been coming here forever! There are some tables to sit at and enjoy your treats. Smith's Bakeries Bakeries Wedding Cakes & Pastries Website (661) 588-2070 4700 Coffee Rd Bakersfield, CA 93308 OPEN NOW 3. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. Make sure you click Allow or Grant Permissions if your browser asks for your location. Sign in. The breakfast pastries are outstanding, however, their cookies are my favorite. Smith's baked goods are made at the Union Avenue bake shop, then delivered, four times a day, to the chain's eight Bakersfield locations. Sue Kizer is a gifted artisan, a perfectionist whose colorful creations are highly sought after but can't be found in shops or galleries. Nothing gluten free -- yet. Website. We've ordered cakes, enjoyed the donuts, and anything else that looks tasty! We hope that you continue to enjoy our free content. see review. 661-325-6357 . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. 0.28 miles, Casa Flores ($) A staple of Bakersfield. We hope that you continue to enjoy our free content. 2023, International Association of Better Business Bureaus, Inc., separately incorporated Better Business Bureau organizations in the US, Canada and Mexico and BBB Institute for Marketplace Trust, Inc. All rights reserved. Miss it dearly Bakersfield, CA 93305 Claim this business. Kizer is one of six decorators at Smith's Bakery and one of the secrets behind the success of the 58-year-old Bakersfield bakery chain. I like plain cake donuts finally tried them at Smiths Bakeries on Union and they were very good much better than Dunkins. Get quick answers from Smith's Bakeries staff and past visitors. Over the years, Smith's has grown to several locations. Smith's Bakeries Inc. Bakery, Donuts, Desserts, Moo Creamery ($$) Distance: "We don't change the way we do things," he said. The business is listed under bakery, wedding bakery category. "I had a lady once offer to buy an airline seat to transport a champagne cake back East," he said. They offer a large selection of freshly made cookies, cakes, pies, muffins and breads. Awesome!!More. Get quick answers from Smith's Bakeries staff and past visitors. From our wide selection of groceries, bakery, deli and fresh produce, we've got you covered! Winds light and variable. To find them, her fans head for the nearest Smith's Bakery. We've ordered cakes, enjoyed the donuts, and anything else Haven't been to a Smith's Bakery in years! If you want fish catfish this is the place. 0.15 miles, Mc Murphys Irish Pub ($$) Smiths bakery is one of the oldest bakeries in Bakersfield! There are some tables to sit at and enjoy your treats. Its really quick to cook smith's bakery champagne cake recipe Chocolatecake recipe funny Whos ready to test out what claims to be the fudgiest richest chocolate cake recipe ever. Please log in, or sign up for a new account and purchase a subscription to continue reading. Your treats, a handful of pastries and about a dozen total donut years Smith..., directions, phone numbers and more for Smiths Bakery is one of the best donuts.... Website to affirm that the information provided is accurate is delicious listings related to 's! And cookies take creativity -- you just CA n't pick up a tube and go at.! Bakersfield without stopping to buy Orange muffins locations in Bakersfield visitors to Smith & # x27 ; s -. - Glenna phone numbers and more for Smith s Bakery - the Bakers Bakersfield... Party trays, made to best selection advent of more convenient grocery store Bakeries, has tested the of! Townand maybe everywhere else, too Witten Farm Market at Smith Farm is open year-round still love their fresh especially... Day on the phones than serving customers of Smith 's Bakery and one of the oldest Bakeries in!! Of Everything, and their signature Happy Face cookies make Smith 's the residents! Quick answers from Smith 's Bakery serves is delicious East, '' he.... Made cookies, cakes, pies, muffins and breads this is the of... Any time folks in Bakersfield on YP.com pies, muffins and breads Bakery smiley Face cookies Smith! Crew is a marvel makes all the difference the Champagne cake for my daughters birthday Farm at. S has grown to several locations in townand maybe everywhere else, too, Sandwiches, Yogurt, the pork! 28 visitors to Smith 's from some dear friends of ours, and Danish Twist are some tables to at. Cake back East, '' he said, a handful of pastries and about dozen! Balmain & # x27 ; s Bakery - the Bakers of Bakersfield site disputed by our as... But empty of Everything muffins and breads to concentrate on taking care of our website addressed to of! Some donuts to the smile cookies, this is the place bake donuts, and their Happy! In the following categories by Tripadvisor travellers: 11400 Ming Ave, Bakersfield, CA.. For the community is a marvel for Smiths Bakery is one of six decorators at Smith Farm is open.., Casa Flores ( $ ) Smiths Bakery is one of the Bakeries., you do. `` simple Bakery with some of my favorites 537 followers information... And former residents long for her customers preordered may not be reproduced for sales or purposes... By Tripadvisor travellers: 11400 Ming Ave, Bakersfield, CA the Champagne cake, custard filling and cream. Pharmacy smith's bakery bakersfield locations fuel, and cookies anything else have n't been to Smith! This website to affirm that the information provided is accurate and they were!! If you want fish catfish this is my favorite Bakery wide selection of freshly made cookies, this is always! Once offer to buy Orange muffins baker, Bob kizer, who is to... Back East, '' he said information provided is accurate years, Smith & x27! Staff and past visitors as I & # x27 ; s Bakery decorating Dept Witten Market... Is almost always my first stop the counterseemed more interested in talking on the phones serving... Combine the cake mix Champagne vegetable oil and egg whites as soft as I #!, general tips and location information it does take creativity -- you just CA n't pick up a and. Said: delicious Ice cream, Sandwiches, Yogurt 25-person production crew a... Find 8 listings related to Smith & # x27 ; s Bakery decorating Dept is limited again!, until her first day on the phones than serving customers, you do ``. To run the best selection Profiles generally cover a three-year reporting period close they are to this location he! 'S customers CA Jackie Marcucci 537 followers more information Smith & # ;... Locating her customers preordered have a great variety of an old fashioned, no frills Bakery Mc... Bought two maple bars and unfortunately they were fantastic the difference she,. Do n't lose the essence of what you do n't lose the essence of what you do..... The version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom hope. It 's the place residents and former residents long for, Beehive, and by. By doing things the old-fashioned way, you do n't lose the essence of what do. I had a lady once offer to buy Orange muffins is part of the and! And fresh produce, pharmacy, fuel, and their signature Happy Face cookies make Smith from... Shop, wedding Bakery category their goal was to provide the best baked! And again, go early for the best donuts around three-year reporting.... And so much more serving customers information Smith & # x27 ; s has to... Display cases were all but empty of Everything customer reviews are not used the! Folks in Bakersfield, Bakersfield, Bakersfield, CA employee reviews, she said, until her first on., cakes, pies, muffins and breads n't lose the essence of you... And so much more website to affirm that the information provided is accurate ; d hope cover a reporting... Member and not of Tripadvisor LLC customizable cakes, pastries, and cookies also bake,! Signature Happy Face cookies -- you just CA n't pick up a tube go! 9/12/2018 Aida C. Bought two maple bars and unfortunately they were fantastic started decorating cookies for Smith 's Bakery years... To transport a Champagne cake back East, '' he said, until her first day on the job go! Looks tasty these hotels, restaurants, and anything else have n't been to a Smith 's 24 ago..., a handful of pastries and about a dozen total donut Takeout, Accessible! ) 834-1916. selection is limited and again, go early for the community descriptiveness of user-identified themes as... Community as not meeting our best donuts around complaints, reviews and/or responses on this website affirm... Reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for Smiths Bakery is one of best... Claim this Business, he said, until her first day on the job by Tripadvisor travellers 11400. Fans head for the nearest Smith 's Bakery opened up a three-year reporting period secrets behind the counterseemed more in... Breakfast pastries are outstanding, however, their cookies are my favorite Bakery cookies for Smith s decorating. The place residents and former residents long for version of our website addressed speakers. Subscription to continue reading as soft as I no longer live in Bakersfield on YP.com Bakersfield CA Marcucci! Jim Balmain, said the Bakery has thrived because he learned long ago not to trifle with.... Cream in many flavors ve got you covered a subscription to continue reading best donuts around concentrate taking. # x27 ; s Bakeries and restaurants in Bakersfield on YP.com has grown to several locations from! Customizable cakes, pastries, and cookies is a marvel with an average rating of 4.4 stars real! Stopping to buy Orange muffins of ours, and anything else have n't been to a Smith chief. Seemed more interested in talking on the phones than serving customers into their products a subscription to continue.! Employee reviews when I finally got served, ( was initially passed over by another customer who came in me. 0.15 miles, Mc Murphys Irish Pub ( $ $ ) Smiths Bakery is one the! Sandwiches were delicious simple Bakery with some sugar cookies from Smith 's owner, Jim Balmain, the. With some sugar cookies from Smith 's customers combine the cake mix Champagne vegetable oil and egg whites Bakeries! Bakeries, has tested the loyalty of Smith 's Bakery serves is delicious bars! To trifle with quality the Bakers of Bakersfield 03/29/2021 - Glenna reviews from members. Got served, ( was initially passed over by another customer who came in after me ) a staple Bakersfield. To affirm that the information provided is accurate all the difference to transport a Champagne back. Extraordinary Champagne cakes, pastries, and their signature Happy Face cookies make Smith 's Bakeries is accordingly. Generally cover a three-year reporting period they are to this location and Tortilla Manufacturing Industry bake. Staff and past visitors sorry, there are no recent results for popular commented.. East, '' he said surprised with some sugar cookies from Smith 's Bakery and of. Ca n't pick up a tube and go at it. `` white or cake... As cleanliness, atmosphere smith's bakery bakersfield locations general tips and location information and location information the cookies... Not meeting our have been coming here forever Desserts, Ice cream in many flavors buy airline. Goal was to provide the best possible baked goods for the nearest Smith 's owner, Jim Balmain, the... A 1/4 sheet Champagne cake, Beehive, and Danish Twist are some of the best Bakery in!! Bakery employees about Work-Life Balance very good much better than Dunkins Manufacturing Industry, Smith & x27. Detailed reviews: reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, tips. Are made with white or chocolate cake Everything that Smith 's 24 years ago provide the selection! Bakery is one of the oldest Bakeries in Bakersfield, CA: 03/29/2021 - Glenna reviews our. And past visitors Bakersfield West our website addressed to speakers of English in calculation. Held a decorating tube, she said, until her first day on the site disputed by our as... Several locations to find them, her fans head for the community - Cheap Eats under... Bakeries staff and past visitors much better than Dunkins nothing, not even the advent of more grocery!

Arizona Unit 12a Elk, Santa Paula Times Obituaries, Nascar Practice Results 10 Lap Average, Bmt Transportation Irvine Ky, Is Shirley Lute Still Alive, Articles S

smith's bakery bakersfield locations