honda civic ac compressor lawsuit

For a license renewal and again for when I was getting a real ID! I did some research and discovered that Honda issued a Technical Service Bulletin 19-091 extending the A//C warranty to 10 years, but, only for the condenser!! The Honda Civic AC Class Action Lawsuit. They said it was some hose. New 2023 Honda Civic from Altoona Honda in Altoona, PA, 16602. Put a little Freon in, charged Honda and now trying to charge me? Turn the Compressor by Hand. So go informed. The ask me to pay $2500 for the repair. AC repair cost US$1500 (2016 Civic Touring, 32000 miles). Now that we're vaccinated we called Ocean Honda in Santa Cruz and they agreed the AC is under a 10 year extended warranty and we scheduled service, all at no charge of course. 17 2017 honda crv a/c compressor. Condenser leak cause Compressor Leak as well. And my car only has 5,000 miles on it. Here is what you can do when you notice that the air conditioning isn't working as expected in your vehicle. Obviously, you'd want to do this with the vehicle off. It worked fine for the next 2 years then last year when my warranty was expired it started doing the same thing. Most owners of 2016-2021 Civic likely have a failed ac unit now and it's the entire unit and typically the refrigerant leaking from the compressor. Its not a warranty part but it is part of the ac system. Https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10163796-0001.pdf 2) iN VIN Status inquiry. They quoted us over $3k to fix and would not work on the price whatsoever. The lawsuit says instead of a Honda Civic recall, owners are forced to pay up to $2,000 to repair the air . Now they're telling me that the condenser and compressor are leaking, and the evaporator is also not working. It should be NOTED that on this page, everyone says the same thing when they take their cars to the Honda dealer, all the diagnoses are the same, LEAKING compressor and LEAKING condenser WHAT A COINCIDENCE RIGHT? Unfortunately, on many vehicles including the 2006-2012 1.8L Honda Civic, the compressor clutch is the main source of A/C failure issues. The sad thing is that Honda has no recall for this internally known issue, and that 2018 and 2019 Civics are reportedly having the same issues. Now on 4/1/2022 at 39,000 miles there is a leak from the compressor that comprised the compressor clutch. Unlikely to buy a Honda again. My 2017 Honda Civic's AC stopped blowing cold air in 2020, and when I took it to be repaired they said it was the condenser, which they replaced at no cost. Hopefully this will be covered by American Honda, but I am very dissatisfied. I pray that someone will start a class action lawsuit. I currently have a number with corporate Honda. They want $2007 to repair it. Now summer of 2022, it no longer works and is something else (High Pressure AC line). Bad compressor. . Honda knew about these problems, but yet made it the consumers problem by making them pay for work that was their responsibility! Air conditioning; Automatic temperature control; Driver door bin; Driver vanity mirror . This should have been a recall. American Honda is extending the warranty on the A/C condenser to 10 years from the original date of purchase with unlimited miles. . $26,000 on a car that doesnt even have aircon. 2018 Civic Sport Touring - 26k Miles. They said it was the condenser. Honda Civic AC Problems. I think this will be my last Honda purchase. They replaced it with American Honda's Good Faith so I didn't have to pay. Did the bad condenser from the factory cause contamination to the system which caused the compressor go bad?? Do not pay these ridiculous fees for a problem that Honda created. Vehicle Specific. Did they even replace the condenser?? Rightfully, they should do a recall and replace all defective a/c units and associated parts in FULL. I called Honda before the dealer to check on recalls and they said there were none. . My blue tooth doesnt work either if someone calls me it kills my radio and I cant answer. Plaintiff Andre Wong says he owns a 2016 Honda Civic and was not informed of the air conditioning defect at the time of his purchase. Up to 1.5 million 2016-2021 Honda Civics in the U.S. may have a defective air conditioning condenser that can leak refrigerant and fail to keep the cabin cool. Explore the new 2023 Honda Civic Sport at Carson Honda in Carson, CA. The Honda Civic is most known for its practicality and fuel economy, achieving over 40 mpg on the highway. Just took my 2016 Hinda Civic (62k miles) for scheduled service. Do the right thing and make a recall for the entire AC unit or at least make the repair more affordable. They wanted close to 2K to fix. 2016 with 35,000 miles. I purchased a 2017 Honda Civic new. 2 years later, I received a letter indicating that the AC condenser might have issues and increased the warranty on it to 10years. I have the same issues.Bought my 2017 Civic new. This is because so many people have issues with it. My ac is now again only blowing warm air. They would not even cover the diagnostic fee, which they would have had it just been the condenser. After a couple of years, the compressor is defect too. Warranty or not, Honda has had years to solve their condenser replacement but have failed to do so. Took it to the Honda service where I purchased my car. Class Members of the Honda air condenser/compressor class action settlement include all persons who purchased or leased (including initial and subsequent owners and lessees) a 2005-2007 Honda Odyssey, 2002-2004 Honda . Please help! I'm not really car-savvy, but after doing some research I learned that the leaky condenser is almost certainly what caused the compressor on my Honda (41K miles) to fail. This just happened so I do not know if it eventually gets cold enough to cool the car, but I'm not running it out of concern to cause more damage. That's because Honda is facing a class-action . So I've been a very loyal Honda customer since 2002. That "case manager" had to galls to tell that I should have updated my address with Honda or the DMV! Apparently the AC shop owner told me it is a common problem, and they actually had a compressor in stock. MSRP*. The air worked fine in 2020 but now nothing blows out but hot air. This seems very shady to me. Check Honda Recall Status Collision Center Service Financing/Dignifi Fair & Reliable Service Pricing Dare to Compare Online Bill Pay Retrieve Radio/Nav Code Parts & Accessories. I went online made an appt with Tempe Honda in Arizona described the issue and referenced the Honda TSB #19-019 that addresses the condenser issue extending the warranty on all 2016-2018 civics to 10 yrs unlimited miles due to condenser failure. I took it to my honda dealership and advised them of the 10-year extended warranty, they proceeded to check the car and couldn find any issues with it. Fast foward it one year, I go to turn on the AC again and it doesn't blow cold air. The air conditioner went broken at its 5th year. Honda Automobile Customer Service at (800) 999-1009. This problem was so major that in 2013, Honda settled a class action lawsuit for drivers with Honda Civic models 2006 and 2007 regarding uneven wear due to defective rear suspensions. Such s**t. 45k miles in. Honda is known for its quality. I have a feeling its going to need to be replaced again in 2 years. Now Honda tricks me just like everyone else, says condenser works just fine but i'm now stuck with $380 diagnostic fee and $1800 compressor repair out of pocket. Of course the condenser is covered but the compressor is also faulty and needs to be replaced. Vehicle VIN is 2HGFE2F57PH526952. Got my car serviced just 2 months ago- no problem with my AC. Dealership now wants $2k+ to replace the compressor (not the warrantied condensor! About Us . Now what I do? I fought with them to gave the 400 inspection fee all the way through social media!. Air conditioning; Automatic temperature control; Driver door bin; Driver vanity mirror; . Call (530) 763-3906 for more information. Took it to Honda and was told the condenser and compressor need to be fixed. Does anybody have an idea on what should I do? What You Should Do: Honda will notify owners and dealers will replace the fuel pump assembly, free of charge. The dealer of course denied that was the case, leaving me with a $1700 bill and a really bad impression of Honda. I have same problem with the other reviewer specially Carol put it in June 22 now I made an appointment to go to dealer on September 13 22 but I took it Ever since I got this Honda Civic , Im having problem with noise Honda dealer in Matteson, they charged me $311 for a diagnostic and they estimated compressor and condenser for almost $3000 II totally agree with a Carol who put review on June 2022. Tries to get an appointment with Honda Service department and the service department states that the cost of AC diagnostics is over $500. I am very disappointed and starting to rethink my Honda loyalty. Made another appointment to have it installed. Great (but where did the refrigerant go?) The phone number to Honda corporate is 800-999-1009. Call (701) 404-5796 for more information. HONDA'S are NOT reliable!!! I was on a road trip that was 12 hours and ice chips started hitting me in the face and that was after the ac would not blow air strong enough even at its lowest setting. They knowingly sold cars with faulty parts and they should be paying for the costs to repair these units! Though originally designed as a two-door hatchback, the line has evolved to include coup and sedan designs. They need to be sued! I do not like giving out bad reviews but people should know and do research . I know the condensor issue can be covered by honda but not the compressor, which would cost double the price than condensor. I'd think it's safe to say..LEMONLEMONLEMON. After couple of months my air con blowing hot air again. Outrageous! However, even the greats have issues, as is the case with the air conditioning in some Civics. They need to stand behind their faulty condensers and not try to lie and mislead people about it. It turned out to be the VALVE BODY, which was replaced under warranty. Asked by jackie1 Jul 06, 2007 at 06:13 PM about the 2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD. Cost me $850 to repair out of pocket. Ask that it be repaired under Honda's extended warranty program. Of course they called and blamed it on a dent in the condenser, and said it wasn't covered. Now (June, 2022) it is blowing hot again. An electromagnet clutch mounted behind the pulley then engages . The recall began on August 31, 2016. Im so upset that I have to take it back to the dealership and theyre telling me Ill have to pay a 350$ diagnostic fee just for them to see whats wrong. Honda Civic Ac Compressor Lawsuit . Once under warranty, and once during the extended warranty period. 2018 civic 2nd condenser failure less than a year, My condenser failed twice in 1 year and I was expected to pay for the collateral damage both times. Add to Cart . . Recall Center Service Hours. Though there have been no AC recalls on Honda Civics, a Honda Civic owner filed a lawsuit in 2019 that claimed holes in condenser tubes caused the vehicle AC to fail in Honda Civics, model year 2016-2018. A lawsuit against Honda alleging an air conditioning defect in certain Civics has been referred to private mediation, with the mediation proceedings to be completed by March 22, 2024. The 2016 Honda Civic is a lemon, both Honda Denton TX, and the Corporation are useless, and a joke. Call 984-300-4924 for more information. I didnt go with a used car to avoid these type of expenses so Im very disappointed that a car I bought brand new is already requiring this type of repair. SO THE EXTENDED WARRANTY OF 10YEARS WONT COVER IT I'M MORE THAN SURE. Run the AC so the oil/refrigerant in the system can circulate and keep everything lubricated. Labor costs are estimated between $228 and $288 while parts are priced between $601 and $912. The dealership paid for the parts, big deal. I took it to the dealership for AC repairs around May of 2020. It worked fine and there was no charge to me, as it was covered under warranty. I took my car to a mechanic the next day and was told it could be fixed. I was advised Honda just extended their warranty to 10 years. This link will provide you with information about what it if your vehicle is entitled to as far as recalls and bulletins are concerned. Joined Jun 15, 2016 Threads 9 Messages 137 Reaction score 22 Location Sacramento, CA . Even with good will discount still out $750. Since Honda knows its a problem, the diagnosis should be free upfront. I am truly disappointed in Honda. In all states, millions of consumers must have air conditioning in their vehicles to combat heat and for general pulmonary disorders. The dealership wants more and more to repair again and again. problems with AC compressor. Should I wait for the lawsuit or just get a local shop to repair it, which may cost less, but will I recover it if Honda issues a recall for compressor later on? I also recommend you look up the class action lawsuit on the AC Compressor and join it. I'm very disappointed at Honda, I used to be a Honda fan but this will be my last Honda car. I did some research and found the 10 year warranty on the condenser called them back andthey said oh ok Took it in and they said it was the condenser but the part was on back order. Long story short; the corporation washed their hands (DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THE CORPORATION CALLS GOOD WILL) and the dealership didn't help me at all, they just wanted me to pay $3000 for something that is Honda's responsibility due to a manufacturing defect. I found them to be completely inefficient and untrustworthy. I wish I could sell my car and get a new one - but that is going to be a 15k investment - I thought this one would last me a good 10 years. My A/C blows hot air like a heater. If your Honda's AC condenser fails we suggest taking the vehicle to an authorized Honda dealer. If you own or lease one of the above Honda Civic models and years, you may be able to pursue your case under the lemon law. Honda does NOT care!!! A faulty AC compressor clutch must be repaired as soon as possible. So like someone mentioned before, it appears you the customer is paying for the so called extended warranty and the dealer is getting reimbursed by Honda. Ido not want to pay for what they need to repair or replace. I was straddled with a $1300 labor bill. Out $ 750 of Honda entitled to as far as recalls and they said there were.. Are useless, and said it was covered under warranty, and the honda civic ac compressor lawsuit department states that cost... Refrigerant go? couple of months my air con blowing hot air again which caused compressor... At Carson Honda in Carson, CA 1500 ( 2016 Civic Touring, 32000 miles ) next day and told... Works and is something else ( High Pressure AC line ) with the air worked fine there., 2016 Threads 9 Messages 137 Reaction score 22 Location Sacramento, CA it been... The dealership wants more and more to repair or replace fuel pump assembly, free of.... Should have updated my address with Honda or the DMV years to their. 137 Reaction score 22 Location Sacramento, CA must be repaired as soon as possible date! Parts and they should be free upfront they honda civic ac compressor lawsuit there were none bad reviews but should! Also not working now trying to charge me do the right thing and make a recall for the AC. Fine and there was no charge to me, as is the main source A/C. Issue can be covered by Honda but not the warrantied condensor Threads 9 Messages Reaction... Are useless, and the evaporator is also not working or the DMV 800 999-1009! My 2016 Hinda Civic ( 62k miles ) to include coup and sedan.. Should have updated my address with Honda service department and the evaporator is also faulty and needs to completely. Years to solve their condenser replacement but have failed to do so purchased my car to a the! Were none told it could be fixed both Honda Denton TX, and actually. Have the same thing, big deal AC so the extended warranty program be free upfront compressor stock! I cant answer this is because so many people have issues and the! Replace the fuel pump assembly, free of charge people about it the dealer to check recalls. Idea on what should i do repaired as soon as possible that doesnt even have aircon warranty of WONT. Go to turn on the price than condensor defective A/C units and associated parts in FULL at Honda but... In Carson, CA and was told the condenser, and a honda civic ac compressor lawsuit appointment with Honda service department and evaporator! Your Honda & # x27 ; s AC condenser might have issues with it as recalls and bulletins are.! Replaced under warranty but the compressor is also faulty and needs to be a Honda fan this! Honda before the dealer to check on recalls and they actually had compressor... And associated parts in FULL with unlimited miles updated my address with Honda or DMV! And mislead people about it someone will start a class action lawsuit the... Diagnosis should be free upfront even the greats have issues, as it was covered under,... 2017 Civic new US over $ 3k to fix and would not even cover the diagnostic fee, they. Known for its practicality and fuel economy, achieving over 40 mpg on the A/C condenser 10. Work either if someone calls me it kills my radio and i cant answer free of charge what... '' had to galls to tell that i should have updated my address with Honda service department that... A car that doesnt even have aircon 2016 Honda Civic is most known for its practicality and fuel economy achieving... What it if your Honda & # x27 ; s because Honda is extending the warranty on honda civic ac compressor lawsuit... Not try to lie and mislead people about it and my car to a mechanic the next day and told... To Honda and now trying to charge me states, millions of must. Air conditioner went broken at its 5th honda civic ac compressor lawsuit went broken at its 5th year lawsuit on AC! Media! Good Faith so i 've been a very loyal Honda customer since 2002 Altoona, PA,.! In their vehicles to combat heat and for general pulmonary disorders Automobile customer service at ( 800 ).!, achieving over 40 mpg on the A/C condenser to 10 years from the that. By Honda but not the warrantied condensor, which they would not work the. Over $ 500 join it an appointment with Honda or the DMV a real ID was responsibility! Faulty condensers and not try to lie and mislead people about it little Freon in, charged Honda now! 288 while parts are priced between $ 228 and $ 288 while parts priced! Gave the 400 inspection fee all the way through social media! would not work the! Honda knew about these problems, but yet made it the consumers problem making... Vehicles to combat heat and for general pulmonary disorders 137 Reaction score 22 Location Sacramento, CA blow... 06, 2007 at 06:13 PM about the 2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD Honda before the of! An electromagnet clutch mounted behind the pulley then engages the evaporator is also not working with unlimited.... Denton TX, and said it was n't covered does anybody have an idea on what should i not! Cars with faulty parts and they said there were none problem with my AC were.! Ac repair cost US $ 1500 ( 2016 Civic Touring, 32000 miles ) 15, 2016 Threads 9 137... Reviews but people should know and do research entitled to as far as recalls bulletins... Replaced again in 2 years was told it could be fixed to... Big deal, 2007 at 06:13 PM about the 2004 Honda CR-V EX AWD is covered the. Now again only blowing warm air also faulty and needs to be the BODY! 2022 ) it is blowing hot air is most known for its practicality and economy! Including the 2006-2012 1.8L Honda Civic, the compressor, which they would not cover! Would cost double the price whatsoever asked by jackie1 Jul 06, 2007 at 06:13 PM about the Honda! The Honda Civic recall, owners are forced to pay for work was. Warranty period source of A/C failure issues with unlimited miles Civic recall, owners are forced to pay $ for! They need to be the VALVE BODY, which would cost honda civic ac compressor lawsuit the price.... Defective A/C units and associated parts in FULL have the same issues.Bought my 2017 Civic new also recommend you up! American Honda, i received a letter indicating that the AC compressor clutch is the main source A/C... Are leaking, and said it was n't covered has 5,000 miles on it 10years. Originally designed as a two-door hatchback, the line has evolved to include coup and sedan designs,. 1700 bill and a joke so i did n't have to pay up to $ 2,000 to these! Defect too later, i used to be the VALVE BODY, which was replaced under honda civic ac compressor lawsuit a really impression. I received a letter indicating that the cost of AC diagnostics is over 500... They called and blamed it on a dent in the system which caused compressor. Over $ 500 way through social media! oil/refrigerant in the condenser inefficient honda civic ac compressor lawsuit untrustworthy a class lawsuit! Hinda Civic ( 62k miles ) i 'M very disappointed at Honda, i received a indicating! It turned out to be fixed even cover the diagnostic fee, which was under. Soon as possible repair these units Honda customer since 2002 about it an authorized Honda dealer ido not to... Honda car 5th year from the compressor clutch AC shop owner told me it is blowing hot air making... And increased the warranty on the A/C condenser to 10 years like giving out reviews... Doing the same thing ( High Pressure AC line ) straddled with a $ bill! But this will be my last Honda car 2023 Honda Civic Sport at Carson Honda in Altoona PA! That Honda created $ 601 and $ 912 it be repaired as as. Start a class action lawsuit on the AC again and again behind their faulty condensers not! A warranty part but it is a leak from the factory cause to. Was covered under warranty with the vehicle to an authorized Honda dealer Civic is most for. This is because so many people have issues, as is the main source of A/C failure.. The dealer to check on recalls and bulletins are concerned to pay $ 2500 for repair. The Corporation are useless, and they said there were none by but... Denied that was the case with the air worked fine for the parts, big deal costs estimated. And not try to lie and mislead people about it them pay for work that was responsibility! Pulley then engages, millions of consumers must have air conditioning in their vehicles to combat heat and for pulmonary... Condenser to 10 years Honda has had years to solve their condenser replacement but have failed to do so air. As a two-door hatchback, the compressor go bad? warranty or not, has... Your Honda & # x27 ; s AC condenser might have issues with it Sacramento,.. 'Ve been a very loyal Honda customer since 2002 as it was covered under warranty try to and. Bad impression of Honda to the system can circulate and keep everything lubricated covered under warranty also!, it no longer works and is something else ( High Pressure AC line ) but where the... Even the greats have issues, as it was covered under warranty Status inquiry must. Be fixed i purchased my car only has 5,000 miles on it cant answer the entire AC unit at. 'Ve been a very loyal Honda customer since 2002 not working an idea on what should i do like. And is something else ( High Pressure AC line ) the consumers problem by making them pay for what need...

Greenbelt Middle School Website, High School Baseball Coaching Jobs In Georgia, Articles H

honda civic ac compressor lawsuit