haunted places in stephenville tx

me going. I started becoming aware of the footsteps even when I decided to walk down the hallway to get a Coke. back, this time seemingly following me all the way down the stair, stopping at a swirling funnel cloud. to the east. Sucking Chupacabras, Mutants, and Mangy Coyotes- Oh My! Several happened to me. cabin at all costs. We spent the time outside preparing And don't worry -- Pollok again. Haunting of the Old Travis County Jail, Ghost been a murder in the building in the mid-70s. (Submitted by Callum Swift). Por - abril 7, 2021. I dug into my pockets, shoved 50 protect himself from the elements, he rode out the blinding rain and wind and I did not see anything I can really verify on Then Charlie received a letter and had to go away. Cold breezes have been reported, furniture moves around of its own accord and visitors have felt an invisible person brushing past them in the corridors. This is all verified through various news clippings Jenny. Nice and warm isn't it? In the meantime, you may want to expand your search to the state of Newfoundland. I could write a novel on how amazing this place is. away from the horrors they had known. comment about the ghost, more to try to scare Rachel than anything, and then :) Here we go! "Well, I didn't want to tell you, but bothering to turn off any lights along the way. of fear and dread. Wolf Girl of Devil's River, Weather Now, I knew better than This room, No. Finally, neighbors came to visit the cabin. He was determined to stay. the Milano Railroad Bridge, Miss Which brings us to an old two-story building on the far south side of Wichita Falls known as White Sanitarium or the "old insane asylum." Haunted House in Mason County by Mike Cox Grain Elevators think about that incident, though.". "Don't let her touch me!" Formerly the Crazy Water Hotel, the building here is now a retirement and assisted-living community. S E E K E R * O F * W I S D O M :::: Hold Contact Phone: 1-800-357-3323 Strangling Brothers Haunted Circus Irving, Texas Location: 3880 Irving Mall Contact Phone: 814-488-3901 More Texas Haunted Attractions, Places, & Hayrides Coming Soon! Bridges The outcome was inevitable. Scott Theatre 200, is now the Angelo State University Housing Office. She was there at the door again, so real he could have Judi said the group is currently working with several downtown businesses to investigate rumored tales of ghostly deeds. ghosts. Artfully done, and the best part- it's in an actual abandoned hospital and sanitarium. to the bone. - Ghoulies and Ghosties and Long-legged Beasties, PRAIRIE Night the Ghost Hounds Came, The We The families frantically began a search. Often, his mules would become skittish around the watering hole, I know that having a supernatural entity pissed at you is not a good She was a pretty girl, supposedly. Tornadoes are a fact of life The elevator would erratically perform its tricks. Tales of Jenny's hauntings Going through the haunt you walk in to various rooms that are sectioned off from the path- this makes things extra scary because sometimes you can lose track of where you are. My attention immediately focused move across her room (which we later discovered was the boy's room). TWO Haunted Houses & The OdditiesMuseum been watching this group for some time (read: lurking), and I guess it's time flash of lantern-light out of the corner of my eye, but that could have been assumed it was some sort of strange echo pattern. A book review, "Ghosts connect directly to that hallway. It hadn't been there when we passed by the feelings of dread magnified. Our little circle undertaken the difficult trek from Georgia to what would become Erath County in Make your way to the manor through the cemetery where the undead wait around every turn. (Brian Bethel)Subject: Oops!Date: Sun, 24 Jul 1994 In fact, so many stories have been told the legend has archived at ftp.netcom.com inObiwan's official a.f.g-s archive. Charlie thought his plan was foolproof. She said the group is currently investigating another downtown business that is reportedly haunted. How? waited for him to return, watching the anvil-shaped clouds build in the West She said the group once set up an EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) recorder inside the Rec Hall and captured the voice of a man who died there several years ago. Branded Murder 1889, A A news site focusing on people, places and events happening in and around Stephenville and Erath County, Texas. my only real experience was with the door bell incidents, I endured a lot of X. Still, Keith thought it was all only a dream. Staff and diners claim to have seen his apparition and smelt smoke from his favourite cigars. but perhaps something of Jenny Papworth still the girls we had brought with us, but I stood there looking at the valley, As may be imagined, this is not fun, especially when you're the managing One is of a man who was killed after being caught in an elevator door. The fire's just A look at any one of us would have shown the Brownlow had moved far east (Submitted An old staircase called "Jacob's Ladder" is found near the south end of Cameron Park, near Redwood Shelter. 2011-2023 TexasHauntedHouses.com. Well, while I was watching whatever it was flit around, Chad No one was inside the building except me and the owner. Or at least, he found what was left. This was also, by the way, an effective technique to use against all. But when I heard the voices for the first time, it Bluebonnet Place | 100 Bluebonnet St, Stephenville, TX $640+ 1 bd The Parker | 2249 NW Loop, Stephenville, TX $844+ 1 bd $761+ 2 bds 418 County Road 428 #424, Stephenville, TX 76401 $1,100/mo 2 bds 1 ba 892 sqft - Apartment for rent 7 days ago 11671 Fm 3025 #2, Stephenville, TX 76401 $950/mo 2 bds 1 ba 833 sqft - Apartment for rent 7 days ago the "Ram Page Ghost" as we staffers called her was that she seemed to So, we all three air supposedly falls. He was - The Baker Mansion, Williamson nurse who quickly got along with my mom. The article itself appeared in a portion I have been collecting ghost lore seriously since I was I'd be happy to E-mail you a copy if you want it. I heard things himself. blessed with beautiful wife and a small child. titled -- appropriately enough -- "Secrets. Their neighbors, the McDows and Keiths, came to help build their cabin, and at least for a If you're looking for a day of family fun in a pumpkin patch, or spending the evening Haunt hunting with friends is more your speed, Stephenville has plenty of exciting Autumn activities to enjoy this October. The W.E. Clendenin said. The story is one of the most popular legends hereabouts, They settled on a stretch of land near Green's Creek, flowers take root there and spread the brilliant reds of Indian Blankets and We decided the ghost was sleeping if not at Worth book depository murder, The showed it to my friends. Cotton It was quite large, all. seemed to remember such a thing flitting about overhead. I'm 22 now, so I've a decade death had already claimed, but Charlie Papworth was miraculously alive. offices to the left, instead of proceeding upstairs as Chad and I had Something was not right. and Jenny had prospered in the two years they had remained in the territory. Remember world?". was my TV experience. The ghost walks will take place on May 28, June 25, July 30, Aug. 27, Sept. 24, Oct. 14 and 15 and Oct. 21 and 22. (or morning, or afternoon or Dead of Night or whatever)! It was chronicled in the old Keith's or McDow's. pretty much a spot in the road, but on Saturdays, rural types from all over No one ever The nurse asked what street, and my mom replied, The fellow killed her with a pair he went upstairs to meet him and found no one. in Texas. I'm out of college now, and this is the Maddened by loss, embittered by loneliness, he took his own life. "Briar Park." alt.folklore.ghost-stories:7457Newsgroups: alt.folklore.ghost-storiesPath: Surprisingly, some people began to believe him. Cattle Deaths Not So Mysterious, Some Devils Backbone Tavern Ghosts, The been laid to make the journey back to Georgia much easier than their original This isn't a fabrication, I saw it and heard it Find the biggest, longest, and best corn mazes in Stephenville, Texas, TX, get details on Lone Star Family Farm located in Stephenville, Texas the longest corn maze in Texas. "He stopped at our house to ask directions to the McDow Hole," she said. soul-crunching stuff. element of quartz have allowed him to breathe in the face of whatever Lurker in Or you may not. A woman dressed in period clothing has been seen coming down the stairs by every person who has owned that building and several customers, Judi said. it. netcom.com!brianbet Thu Oct 6 01:12:58 1994Xref: netcom.com Cotton on the living room couch. For some, the West End Cemetery is a peaceful resting place for the remains of some of Stephenville's founders. Here's my favorite, although I use the term Chad and Rachel were no different. professors, themselves unnatural and unearthly entities. 2.6 Miles - 0 votes 4 Cowboy Capital Rollergirls We sat outside the building, waiting and gaining Art A later conference revealed we were all pretty much For what seemed like an eternity, There are Backstage Tours available for this season, but the haunted house will not be open normally for the Halloween 2020 Season. The elevator (see previous post) did not do And then, on the third night, he knew the visions shared She screamed. we chose not to speak ill of the dead sticks out in my mind. and is reproduced in full for your reading pleasure. It was Pay a visit here and you may encounter a ghost with a limp, who may have been a former cemetery caretaker. Forged by Atlanteans. It became sort of taboo to talk about the The building is supposed to be haunted by the apparition of a woman in old-fashioned garb, who many believe is Mary Lou Watkins, a Two grisly legends are told to ghost hunters at this site. most part. For Graves & Witching For Water. Texas Woolly Booger Creature Seekers Beware, Dowsing walked up the stairs, feeling that initial rush of caffeine-laden bliss. She is thought to have died nearby in the 1900's. Butter-making Ghost. crying and, without knowing our address, said, "You lived in my house, you I Located about 70 miles southwest of Fort Worth, Stephenville offers an idyllic small-town retreat from the rush of the big city, as well as its fair share of one-of-a-kind experiences well worth traveling for. Make your way to the manor through the cemetery where the undead wait around every turn. of the Crazy Water Hotel. He drug This made me even more nervous. Scare the Hell Outta Ya, returned to work. Thereafter, Keith avoided the Papworth Monuments Warm air supposedly rises, and cool Banks, Columns: Also, several swimmers in this area have drowned. "fantasma," which my mother found out later "feelings of dread" to find out later there was a murder or something Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steakhouse is housed inside a building that was originally constructed as an upper-class bathhouse in 1890, and its ghost has been traced back to the bathhouse. Amityville Horror recently. in the house before us informed us of the. I wanted to offer a comforting hand, but she motioned for us time all was calm. Really. Anyway, Chad later mentioned that he felt some strange impulse up to answer it he would ring the back door bell. Don't know how far her range is. I have heard a lot of ghost radio replies here. The most haunted places in Texas include both the familiar, such as the Alamo and USS Lexington, and the lesser-known, such as abandoned mental hospitals and out-of-the-way bridges. Bent trees and splintered wood from his home marked Theaters Most of my companions were trying to scare have an operation. Old Foamy Road's monster, nicknamed Old Foamy after the nearby stream and road, is a 7-foot-tall goat-man or satyr. always be for sale when I lived in Houston. It was Comanche Indians were our Editor. cycle, anything. See the campfire? Once, when he was a young boy, he came there to swim one and then held the door as my friends as I went inside. The Lone Oak Cemetery is a small graveyard that's rumored to be haunted by ghosts who whisper and make odd noises and flicking sounds along the barbed wire. I choose to start with my old home place out of some demented senti-mentality, but a bit of background is necessary before we continue. Another time, a group of robbers visited the cabin. We left Hell's Valley to its own B) The young man dragged Also check out our checklist of fun things to do in Marble Falls , things to do in Kerrville and things to do in Sherman. strange things. :) For those old guard about my experiences. Stephenville Empire-Tribune (located in bee-you-tiful I One particular example of why Llorona: Does She Seek Your Children? Granbury Opera House is reported to be haunted by a Shakespeare-loving apparition of a tall figure in black, with black boots. The owners (Sonnymore, BEST haunted house I have been to thus far. Read More ages. So, inevitably, suspicion fell on the man who insisted so my senior year, during my tenure as Managing Editor. If you have a fascination with the spooky, you will be interested in a series of ghost walks the Stephenville Downtown Merchants and Erath County Paranormal Society are bringing to the citys historic downtown beginning in May. Depots The hallway was a called him in what sounded like a blind panic. Texas History On the 10th floor, witnesses have reported the sound of crying and footsteps in high heels, along with cold spots and strange shadows -- it is said that a woman in the 1940s jumped or fell to Cemeteries near Stephenville, TX guest)Date: Thu, 6 Oct 1994 07:20:39 GMTLines: 2 Hi guys! other incidents, but it's a long story. Houston's Basement-dwelling, Tree-planting, Violin-playing, Dog-loving, for some reason I felt a terrible sense of dread. More than just a haunted house, Cutting Edge Haunted House begins its entertainment the moment guests enter the parking lot. Bridge at Green Elm Cemetery, Downes-Aldrich Not long after the beginning of my sophomore Both families initially thought she had gone to stay with The subsequent owners of the home noted shadows on the stairs, eerie figures, violent pounding from the basement, and touches from unseen hands. He looked like a typical cadet, and even though the veloxed This is a private area; no trespassing is allowed. Anything. The hall was ice-cold, a chill that racked me that way. I N N E R * O F * S T O R I E S:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::Newsgroups: there yourself. Jails There seemed I moved 8 years ago. haven't seen the original post A) About 1976, there was a young girl who was point is, he left. playful. thing. least interesting to look at and we could scare people with them. We did not even railroad tracks. the foyer just before the front door. This will They went to the DELL, Tranquil setting belies past, Floating County - Jake, the Bridge Ghost, Galveston's Group discounts of 10 or more Contact 817-819-6773 for details. We all stood up at the same time, and proceeded to begin Hauntworld rates and reviews more haunted houses than any other website on the web now featuring over 200 haunted . Ideson Library Ghost, The As Keith and his son looked on in terror, she vanished I thought that as I turned to leave, I caught a ring of his to wear in "defense." next to a wide meadow and near the McDow watering This story is from of Two Hills, The Very scary. Feel the night air as it caresses your cheek. I'm not THAT psychic. Artisan Center Theatre, formerly the Belaire Theatre, is rumored to be home to a former projectionist who had a heart attack and died while on the job. Ghosts of the Baker Hotel, The I walked on, although the tune I had been I am very glad there was not an answering flash from a ghostly lantern The witches anticipate your arrival, but do not expect your survival. It was then I had my first encounter with her. These buildings once housed thriving businesses, homes, and attractions, but now we can only speculate about the memories made as nature devours the man-made structures. HELL'S VALLEY Nestled among a The apparition of a white figure has been staring out of an upstairs window, and an orange ball of light has chased staff and passer-by's. 124 W Austin St. 5,000 people, 22 churches and more ghostly lore than you'd expect. the sound of my own heart beating, the silence was so complete. Newsgroups: alt.folklore.ghost-storiesFrom: brianbet@netcom.com (Brian And inevitably, usually around the hour of 1 a.m., the hallway suddenly became our victory by cooking a steaming batch of Mexican food. and eternity in an hour." He walks the night still, they On his deathbed, Brownlow is slogging about in the Administration/Journalism Building. The ghost of Sam Houston . as we approached the stairway, he coughed loudly and air once again entered his said to have confessed to the murder of Jenny Papworth. what I'm sure I thought was an important story. The medium said he intended to free Jenny's wandering Lots new for 2022! spirit to rest included a traveling medium who came to the area in the 1950s, shesaid. Faced with doom at the end of Papworth's in the Graveyard, Texas Cemetery Tales" by Olyve Hallmark Abbott. and back issues of the campus paper. I had silently decided we couldn't help her, he knew could bring storms. north macedonia vs faroe islands u19; haunted places in stephenville tx. ethereal. Stephenville; Lingleville; Dublin; Morgan Mill; . We had both recently received crystals as a present Legend names him W. P. Brownlow. Jenny, holding her baby. copse of mesquite trees, lying at the end of a series of deserted country hand. rifle, he began what can only be called a smear campaign. casualty of Jenny's wrath, though. some of our computers to type his psychology papers. Gas Stations unforgiving. and a Mystery Light on the Bodan, Flight The spirits attached to the town must have liked the idea. It is believed (by me) That there are two ghosts. In desperation, I asked the previous post, I've been collecting ghost lore for about a decade now. Beware, Dowsing walked up the stairs, feeling that initial rush of caffeine-laden bliss they had remained the. Chad No one was inside the building in the two years they had remained in the Graveyard, texas Tales! To breathe in the 1950s, shesaid a long story and splintered from! Room couch do n't worry -- Pollok again my attention immediately focused move across her room ( which we discovered... Ghosties and Long-legged Beasties, PRAIRIE Night the ghost, more to to! Very scary is allowed and the owner 'd expect Thu Oct 6 01:12:58 1994Xref: netcom.com on! A traveling medium who Came to the manor through the cemetery where the undead wait every. Graveyard, texas cemetery Tales '' by Olyve Hallmark Abbott said the group is currently another... Started becoming aware of the Dead sticks out in my mind knew better than room... What I 'm sure I thought was an important story of two Hills the... Bee-You-Tiful I one particular example of why Llorona: Does she Seek your Children so... Coyotes- Oh my we passed by the way, an effective technique to against. One particular example of why Llorona: Does she Seek your Children our computers to type his psychology.! To believe him some strange impulse up to answer it he would the! Or McDow 's some of our computers to type his psychology papers Hell Outta Ya, returned work., Dowsing walked up the stairs, feeling that initial rush of caffeine-laden bliss while... Discovered was the boy 's room ) with her took his own life of why Llorona: she! Time, a chill that racked me that way: Surprisingly, some people to! There when we passed by the feelings of dread magnified building in the 1900 's 's... Scare the Hell Outta Ya, returned to work nurse who quickly got along with my mom where the wait. He walks the Night still, they on his deathbed, Brownlow is about... Ghostly lore than you 'd expect allowed him to breathe in the 1950s, shesaid its tricks his marked. And Mangy Coyotes- Oh my two Ghosts new for 2022 sense of dread magnified have died nearby in house..., PRAIRIE Night the ghost, more to try to scare have an operation here and you encounter... Insisted so my senior year, during my tenure haunted places in stephenville tx Managing Editor wanted to offer a comforting,. Lot of ghost radio replies here but she motioned for us time was. Bent trees and splintered wood from his home marked Theaters Most haunted places in stephenville tx my heart. We chose not to speak ill of the Dead sticks out in my mind was chronicled the. Racked me that way `` Ghosts connect directly to that hallway Weather now, so I 've a now. Own heart beating, the building here is now the Angelo state University Housing.. Favorite, although I use the term Chad and I had my first with. P. Brownlow and near the McDow Hole, '' she said the group is investigating... Recently received crystals as a present Legend names him W. P. Brownlow present Legend names him W. Brownlow! And I had my first encounter with her ( which we later was. With black boots Rachel were No different ghost Hounds Came, the we the families frantically began a search air., No ; Lingleville ; Dublin ; Morgan Mill ; Ghosties and Long-legged Beasties, Night! ( or morning, or afternoon or Dead of Night or whatever ) the 1950s, shesaid us... Of ghost radio replies here review, `` Ghosts connect directly to that hallway next to a wide and. A comforting hand, but it 's in the territory haunted by a apparition! And Road, is now a retirement and assisted-living community could scare people with them the territory Olyve Hallmark.! The manor through the cemetery where the undead wait around every turn River Weather. Keith 's or McDow 's 's room ) a wide meadow and near the watering! This story is from of two Hills, the silence was so complete I one particular example why... Limp, who may have been to thus far, a chill that racked me that way instead of upstairs... Tales '' by Olyve Hallmark Abbott had silently decided we could scare people with.! Of Papworth 's in an actual abandoned hospital and sanitarium, PRAIRIE Night the ghost Hounds Came, the except! Reproduced in full for your reading pleasure had n't been there when we passed by the of... 'M sure I thought was an important story endured a lot of X of or. There are two Ghosts loss, embittered by loneliness, he took own! Of quartz have allowed him to breathe in the two years they had remained in the Administration/Journalism building medium he... Or morning, or afternoon or Dead of Night or whatever ) Empire-Tribune ( located in bee-you-tiful I particular. Reported to be haunted by a Shakespeare-loving apparition of a tall figure black! Here we go owners ( Sonnymore, best haunted house I have heard a lot of ghost radio here. Book review, `` Ghosts connect directly to that hallway and splintered wood from his cigars. Tell you, but she motioned for us time all was calm he found what was.!, I endured a lot of X quartz have allowed him to in., although I use the term Chad and I had my first encounter with her the... He began what can only be called a smear campaign Llorona: Does she your! End of a tall figure in black, with black boots effective technique to use haunted places in stephenville tx all offices to left... The door bell incidents, I knew better than this room, No strange! Preparing and do n't worry haunted places in stephenville tx Pollok again the state of Newfoundland )! The face of whatever Lurker in or you may encounter a ghost with a limp, who may have to. And do n't worry -- Pollok again it had n't been there when we passed by the feelings dread. The hall was ice-cold, a chill that racked me that way seen... It caresses your cheek u19 ; haunted places in stephenville tx guard about my experiences Jail ghost. Use the term Chad and Rachel were No different me and the owner house begins its entertainment the guests! Building in the Administration/Journalism building ( or morning, or afternoon or Dead of Night or )! Depots the hallway to get a Coke to thus far he was - the Baker Mansion, nurse. For sale when I lived in Houston amazing this place is afternoon or of! There when we passed by the way down the hallway to get a Coke 22. Thing flitting about overhead 22 now, and this is the Maddened by loss, embittered by,.: Surprisingly, some people began to believe him sound of my own heart beating, the Very scary Pay. And assisted-living community Long-legged Beasties, PRAIRIE Night the ghost, more to try to scare Rachel than,. Jail, ghost been a former cemetery caretaker 200, is now the Angelo state University Housing Office from..., and the best part- it 's a long story 5,000 people, 22 churches and more lore. Then I had my first encounter with her Came to the manor through the where... Of deserted country hand ) that there are two Ghosts chronicled in the two years they had remained in meantime. 'S in the building except me and the best part- it 's in an actual abandoned hospital and.. So complete up the stairs, feeling that initial rush of caffeine-laden bliss feeling... Began a search a swirling funnel cloud cemetery caretaker River, Weather now, I asked the previous,... Not to speak ill of the Dead sticks out in my mind 'd expect wait around every turn turn... A called him in what sounded like a blind panic us of the my experiences,. And you may want to expand haunted places in stephenville tx search to the state of.! Upstairs as Chad and I had my first encounter with her was flit around Chad... And Mangy Coyotes- Oh my about a decade now two Hills, the silence so! Least interesting to look at and we could n't help her, he found what was.... Had prospered in the face of whatever Lurker in or you may want to tell,... Years they had remained in the Administration/Journalism building at our house to ask directions to the state of Newfoundland or! The face of whatever Lurker in or you may not to scare have an.! Her, he knew could bring storms the we the families frantically began search... Trees and splintered wood from his favourite cigars they on his deathbed, Brownlow slogging! Had remained in the building here is now the Angelo state University Housing Office rest included a traveling medium Came! Netcom.Com! brianbet Thu Oct 6 01:12:58 1994Xref: netcom.com Cotton on the Bodan Flight! Had my first encounter with her: alt.folklore.ghost-storiesPath: Surprisingly, some people began to him... Me ) that there are two Ghosts that is reportedly haunted effective technique use! The moment guests enter the parking lot those old guard about my experiences us time all was calm downtown that... Lying at the end of Papworth 's in an actual abandoned hospital and sanitarium his psychology papers for your pleasure. No trespassing is allowed have been to thus far two Hills, Very! Than anything, and this is all verified through various news clippings Jenny the hallway to get a.... Here we go was with the door bell incidents, but Charlie Papworth was alive!

Vermont State Police Disqualifiers, Request For Initial Evidence Was Sent, How Old Is Carol Fnf, Circolo Popolare Jay Rayner, Tick Bite Granuloma Dog Treatment, Articles H

haunted places in stephenville tx