chislehurst and sidcup grammar school mumsnet

I would really recommend the mock tests, an excellent opportunity for children to get used the an exam environment. Highly recommend 11+ tuition for an all round coaching for 11plus! He covers alot in the one hour slot. I was not raised in England so the whole six form is new to me. I am so grateful to Peter for building further confidence in my son and teaching him the necessary skills to take the tests. I found out that Chis & Sid was on a 3rd place from the bexley schools this year, but unsure which are top and second. Response by Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School to Olalekan Mayor Ogundalu on 9 March 2021. Thank you Pete and Diane again for all your dedication and hard work. I highly recommend Mr and Mrs Bleach and will certainly be using them for my DS in the near future. I would strongly recommend Peter as an 11+ tutor. My daughter would literally wait for her Sunday lesson and have loads to talk about her lesson. Peter & Diane adapted well during lockdown, running the classes over Zoom and providing online work and practice tests. I came across Diane and Peter online and they offered my daughter a place for tutoring. She always left her classes feeling positive and encouraged. As London only has partial provision of Grammar School places competition for places is high. His lessons are fun and interative, everything you would hope for from your child's teachers. We highly recommend them both. There was lots of emphasis on good habits, exercise and having a balance which I think helped the students to be more alert and focussed when doing the exams. If you are the founder of any size or type of company with at least product market fit, then you should be thinking about how to maximise the the . Pete and Diane made this happen! They also run four mock tests for Bexley and Kent selection tests which I would highly recommend as prepares your child for the actual tests and allows them to familiarise themselves with an examination environment and practice test papers under timed conditions. My daughter said that she learnt a lot of great tips which are very useful for the exams. They give you your child's feedback continuously to improve themselves. He is very engaging, encouraging and friendly and ensures that all the children in the tutor group are actively involved. When I enquired, Diane responded that an increase in student number is no big deal and that my son has been disruptive in the group and had been warned that even though his work is good, he may lose his place. I searched online for a tutor about a year ago and came across the wonderful reviews people had left for him and am so happy I chose him after initially thinking I would help my daughter at home myself. There are so many tutors out there and it is really hard as a parent to know who to trust and go with when, on paper, they all seem to say and promise the same thing. Her confidence especially in Maths has increased considerably and shes now in the top group in her Year 6 class. You should be proud of your student who secured 94% overall and 100% in maths. which helps identify any weak areas. However his behaviour was commented on not only by myself (3 times) and Diane twice in front of you when you picked him up, but more importantly by four other parents who also found it unacceptable. He is an excellent tutor with a lot of energy and creative ideas. Subsequently, I contacted Mrs Bleach through an online search to help fit my DD into one of her classes. Not full of the super super bright (a la newstead/st olaves). I found Peter and Diane Bleach on Netmums and it was the many positive user reviews that encouraged me to establish contact. Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School is a Secondary, Co-Ed school located in Greater London, London. Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School Grammar school (11-18 years) Good. I am particularly grateful that Pete took on my son at the end of April when most Tutors wouldn't. I have been tutoring for both the Kent and Bexley exams for the past 8 years and have a very high success rate ( between 85% and 95%). In the holidays we continued to work on those areas where extra revision was needed and made our own flashcards to learn meaning of words. Diane's organisation and professionalism are super, she provided clear and speedy feedback on homework and mock exams. Thank you, Peter, for your fantastic approach to the kids and positive attitude and Diane for being there all the time to answer any questions and support for a variety of different occasions. Shes ecstatic with the result. Yes, he made learning fun, I do not know how on earth he did it but the one thing I know is that his techniques worked or at least it worked for my daughter. Highly recommend Peter and Diana classes, my Son really enjoyed it and was able to pass Bexley 11+ exam. The mocks were also a good way of preparing the children for sitting formal exams with a lot of others in an unfamiliar location. It employs 21-50 people and has $10M-$25M . Diane also sends you a detailed feedback report for each mock test with a breakdown of scores, your childs ranking compared to their peers and advice on what areas need to be worked on further. A few houses up the road from me, a house similar to mine is more than 100,000 more expensive just for being in Chislehurst. 19th Jul 2024. The sessions are fun and enjoyable. Besides being lovely people they gave great advice based on their many years of experience to both the children and parents throughout the course from books children should be reading, how much time doing homework each day to applying for the grammar schools. My Daughter found her lessons well structured and engaging, Pete is very patient and kind, not to mention that both Pete and Diane went out of their way to help my DD, especially when we had a new addition to our family, they both were very supportive- Thank you! Thank you Pete and Diane. 2023 Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School, Marlborough School Partnership; Learning Mentors. My daughter, Amelie, really enjoyed every session she went to. Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School . Decision reference: ADA3935. They gained confidence throughout the numerous MOCK exams and worked hard to improve following the detailed feedback. You kept us very happy. Pupils at the school are divided into a series of six houses, known as Davies, Edlmann, Lester, Townshend, Williams, and Staff, while . One of these is Bromley. I would like to thank Peter and Diane for their engaging approach and understanding of the 11 plus exams. There were 3 mock tests which allowed us to see her performance compared to her peers which was very informative. Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:12 pm. But at the same time it's results at A levels are not actually as good as our nearest (Bromley) comp. Admissions contact: enquiries@csgrammar.com. He was successful in both tests he sat. Full details for the mock examinations can be found on our websiteAll mocks are now online in timed conditions with detailed feedback by email.Our next online mock will be in January 2023Congratulations to all our students who took the 2022 exams. We are very grateful for the work that Peter and Diane have done for our son. I'm pleased to say our daughter passed Bexley and Kent thanks to Peter's tailor-made preparation and tutoring for the exams. 11/07/2022 19:51. Diane has been supportive throughout keeping you informed and answering your queries promptly. He's done exceptionally well in the Bexley and Kent tests and I am sure their input had a positive effect. This was excellent as we were able to see her progress straight away and note areas to work on. Pete and Diane have both made learning more enjoyable for our daughter. Overview; Performance; Catchment area; Grammar school. The children had one hour tuition each week for a year with him plus the homework he set and that was enough. Dont include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details. My daughter always looking forward to the class and she was able to answer the new question that appeared in one of the exams because she said you taught them how to do it already (the trick). Good afternoon Mr Ola With reference to your enquiry below, 125 students were non-Bexley residents with the majority living in the London Boroug. Dear Magdelene, My son passed the Kent Grammar Schools test as a result of the extra tuition he got from Peter. The visit was the first short I would like to thank both of them for teaching & supporting my children during this stressful journey. 2. Chilslehurst school was founded in 1896 as Sidcup High School, then a co-educational school located on the corner of Victoria Road. Because the lessons were pitched high, it made the experience of the actual Kent test much more pleasant. mumof2bexley. Our Open events were on: Friday, 14th October 2022. So many Year 5 parents are talking about it so you feel like you are not a good parent if you don't get your child a private tutor that will give him the best assurance (not guarantee) of him getting into a Grammar school. Conditions. Peter makes the children aware of time management, breathing etc. Both of my sons enjoyed attending Peters sessions and never wanted to miss a session. Unfortunately, due to Covid, our face-to-face lessons and exams adopted to online Zoom basis classes. Top . It was a difficult time with Covid but they offered great support throughout with a smooth transition to online learning. His father moved to Bromley, then to Kent, and he attended Southborough Lane County Primary School in Petts Wood. Their Mock exams and homeworks not only boost your child's confidence but highlight strengths and weaknesess to focus on . Diane is well organised and provides an assistance to Peter during classes, making sure that sessions are running smoothly. Autumn Start Date 2024-2025 is a Provisional date only. Each week she was given homework to work through the area they had concentrated on in the session. We are considering moving to Sidcup. My son passed with excellent mark in both Bexly and Kent exam. The mock exams my daughter took gave her a vision how the exams would be and a reality how to control her nerves and attempt the exam in a timed environment with other students. When I started out looking for a tutor I felt thrust into a world of confusion and overwhelm. There are two Grammar Schools in Bromley: Newstead Wood School. See details. She strives to be the best and persevered with the times table challenge. Tenure: Leasehold. registered in England (Company No 02017289) with its registered office at Building 3, I would recommend the summer revision course as it refreshed topics and motivated my son to continue the practice of solving practice papers in the holidays. My third child is surely coming!! Both our children passed Kent and Bexley tests with excellent scores, achieving top marks which placed them within the top 180 candidates for Kent. Also he provides information to parents regarding the weak and key areas that need to be focused on. Pupils at the school The school was designated as a sports college in 2003 and also as a science college in 2008. My daughter got the Bexley 11+ test results today and she is in the top 180. So I see no reason for myself and my son to endure further rude responses from Diane/Peter. His enthusiasm encourages the child to feel positive about themselves and their work. I highly recommend Pete and Diane Bleach. Find the travel option that best suits you. Passes in both Bexley and Kent 11+ exams this year for our son. I love living in chislehurst. And she very much enjoyed going for the lessons , which in itself is a blessing . We are incredibly proud to be celebrating the extraordinary achievementsand academic performance of our KS4 and KS5 students from2021-22 this evening. Peters lessons are not just tutoring them for the test but it is also a Mixture of breathing technique, revision strategies, timed tests and also lots of positivity through out the lessons. Your Email Address*. Very pleased! 1 . Many Thanks to Pete and Diane, who helped our son passed both Kent and Bexley tests with great scores. Peter has an excellent approach and he is very honest with you regarding your childs ability. I like the fact it is coeducational. 17/10/2012 22:36. Start date -not specified-. Greatly appreciated. Outstanding Teachers However you do need to support your child in the areas they need extra help with as it is group tuition and they all have different strengths and weaknesses. Thank you Peter and Diane for accommodating our unusual schedule - my children could only attend every other week due to other commitments. Peter's lessons are fun and engaging and both my kids enjoyed them . If you missed our open events please visit our Explore our School webpage where you will find a Y7 video tour which will give you a insight into life at 'Chis 'n Sid'. My son attended Peter and Diane's 11-Plus Tuition to prepare him for this year's selective exams. Peter is an excellent teacher coach and a guide. With all your help and support, my daughter pass her Bexley exam today. We are planning to move to Chislerhurst and would like some advice about schools. It has 1433 students from age 11-18 yr with a student-teacher ratio of 18 : 1. OnTheMarket today Marketed by Langford Russell - Sidcup. Besides both Kent and Bexley tests have moved towards questions that can't depend solely on tutoring. As parents we are extremely grateful for what has been achieved and we thank you for a skill for life that will never leave Lara. My daughter have been attending Diane and Peter class for about a year, before she sat her 11 plus exam, we are very lucky to be part of those selected as their student. Peter is an amazing tutor, my son loved his sessions as they were always engaging and fun. Y10-Y13 can audition from 3pm onWednesday 23rd November and Y7-Y9 auditions are from 3pm on Friday 25th November. Please click on link to review our fantastic grounds and facilities available, https://csgrammar.theschooltour.co.uk/360-panorama-tour/, Further details are available either from the school website www.csgrammar.com (Vacancies).Please complete your application form via www.TES.com.CVs will not be accepted., Closing Date: Thursday 23rd February 2023, Interviews: Week commencing 27th February 2023, This website and its content is subject to our Terms and Travel within United Kingdom is: Unrestricted. 2. I was worried that my daughter might not enjoy having a tutor and it might become a bit of an ordeal and had agreed not to continue if she wasnt happy and wanting to do the work. Peter is a very patient, knowledgeable and enthusiastic Tutor. Tes Global Ltd is In 2016, 5685 children sat the Bexley Selection Tests and 1753 were deemed selective. Hurst Rd, Sidcup DA15 9AG. This will prove useful for the Verbal Reasoning section of the exam. Peter is a brilliant communicator with kids and generates a huge amount of enthusiasm, as well as laughter, in his tutorials. He only got average marks at O-level but enjoyed the sixth form more, studying geography . View details of linked establishments. Parents who require extra tuition for their children in future 11 plus exams should not hesitate at all in sending them to Peter and Diane. I am impressed by the number of subjects BullerWoods offers. These packs each introduce 200 words within context, helping students to improve both their vocabulary and spelling. As a result, he passed both the Kent and Bexley tests and can now go to a school of his choice. Pete has provided her with the exam techniques, the peers group environment which makes it less stressful (I think) for her to try out. You have rejected additional cookies. I posted a more detailed review last Thursday after our daughter had passed the Bexley 11+. She did exceptionally well in the Bexley 11+ and is so happy. Summer holidays. Open day date: watch the virtual open day for Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School. They both found the teaching was clear and easy to follow. It's quite pointless really and I would never use it as a basis for judging how good a school is. They even go further in predicting whether your child could pass based on his mock scores. My son enjoyed all his group sessions, they were fun, motivating and very helpful. Bexley's grammar schools are Beths Grammar School (boys), Bexley Grammar School (mixed), Chislehurst and Sidcup Grammar School (mixed), and Townley Grammar School (girls). She initially found non-verbal difficult, but flourished under his guidance. Pete is the main tutor. Figures based on 272 responses up to 26-06-2018. My daughter said Peter provided lots of guidance, helpful advice and excellent teaching to enhance her knowledge and confidence. Peter has special approach to children, he knows how to make them interested in learning and how to make them remember what he taught. They have helped my daughter pass her 11 plus without huge effort or stress which was great.

Margaret Wilson Obituary, Stockton Record Obituaries 2021, Articles C

chislehurst and sidcup grammar school mumsnet